Can this really be our last Newsletter of 2017-18? This has been a beautiful year filled with so many successful moments. I have chosen to list some of our 2017-18 School Year Highlights. There were so many that I am sure that I have forgotten something.
- Spring Creek is named a State High Performing Title I School.
- Spring Creek is named a National Title I Distinguished School.
- Spring Creek starts Friday STEAM Hour.
- Spring Creek exceeds state and district progress score averages on SAGE assessments.
- Spring Creek scores close to and above state averages on SAGE assessments.
- Spring Creek students’ art wok is selected for an Art Show at the Springville Art Museum. One student’s work receives a best of show award.
- Spring Creek is visited by the Mayor Kaufusi and Congressman Curtis for the Freedom Week Assembly -- Spring Creek students steal the show with their musical and speech presentations.
- Spring Creek Concert Choir performs at the District Choir Festival. They receive commendations from guest conductors.
- Spring Creek is visited by Google Fiber several times to facilitate virtual trips using goggles, building circuits and coding.
- Spring Creek students place at the District Science Fair -- 1st place for Product Testing & Consumer Science and 2nd place for Physics, Astronomy, & Mathematics. They then moved on to the region competition at BYU.
- Spring Creek students participate in the District Honor Choir.
- Spring Creek’s After School Academy puts on a Showcase including dance performances and theater presentations.
- Spring Creek sends three teams to the BYU Robotics Competition where they place and the the girls team is spot on with the catapult contest.
- Spring Creek Hope Squad students create a Recess Lifesavers video to promote kindness.
- Spring Creek Opera Company and Concert Choir present an inspiring performance of the Three Little Pigs.
The last highlight I would like to list is my being named the Utah PTA Outstanding Administrator for 2017-18. I want to express how humbled I feel by this award. It means more to me than any award I could receive. The meaningful expressions included in the application prepared for the award reflect a partnership that I know can make the difference for children. I appreciate the relationship I have with parents, students, faculty and staff. Working on this team brings me such great joy. This quote from Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. President, "Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing," exemplifies how I feel about the work I do at Spring Creek. Thank you for another wonderful year, possibly the very best one yet.